Joe, Miriam....

Now you're bringing up something I'd rather not remember....that skint kat! Yuck! No, it did nothing to motivate me either except to stay as far away from it as I could. lol

It had long been faded from my memory that Miss Simpkins lived upstairs across the street from the school! How slowly that comes back.

I do vividly remember Tivoli Theatre downtown. I saw MORE movies there than I have all the rest of my life. And Hotel Dieu...I was born there. Henry Compton....I thought was so cute/handsome...no wonder it was difficult to concentrate on the subject. lol I wonder if he and Leola Landers are still living. I would like to know about each and every one of our teachers.
I had a shorthand teacher whose name right now escapes me....she was MUCH younger so probably is still living. My yearbook disappeared awhile back so I don't have it for a ready reference. The shorthand I found was a little handy for taking notes in college, but I have since gradually stopped using it.
But typing? I'll probably be buried with my keyboard!!! lol
Now that you refreshed my memory about what Mr. Lively often said, I think I'll try using that saying the next time I get upset. lol
He was funny, wasn't he! And I'm so grateful that I know how to type....
Joe, what address were you using that it returned to you?

Congrats on your double retirement. Great! You've been on the top of the world and had your feet on the ground to boot!

I see that you live in Garland. My aunt, no longer able to care for herself, was put in a "place" near there by her daughter, no longer doing well at all. Time brings many changes, not always good ones. Sad.

I hope all the tornadoes going through Texas, Oklahoma etc. I've been hearing about are bypassing everyone.

Until we meet again,

Gloria (Chambliss) Russell
........Psalms 133:1........