new guy here..its been a bunch of years..some of my teachers
principle, Dr.Ross Jones... asst prin, J.A Floyd...counselor, Honest Wallender... Geometry, Henry Compton... AmHist,Roy Davidson...English, Rachel Dean...Bookeeping, Ruth Dean...Health, C.E. Donaho...English, Mary Fore...Drivers Ed, w.R. Kimbrough...English, Leola Lander...Typing, O.E. Lively"(you make me so mad I could eat fried chicken"...History, w.r. Phythian...Civics, Clemma Ross...Biology, Ethel Simkins...chemstry, Jack Folmar...Teachers were the greatest..they prepared us for the world..we didn't know it at the time...we respected our teachers..talking back was just not done..remember the wooden paddle with the holes drilled in it hanging the the coaches office in the gym..wonder what ever happened to it...after graduation in 1960 (the draft breathing down my necks) joined the USAF ..spend 21 honerable years...retired in 1981..worked for Texas instruments..retired in 2000. Pig stand..circle drive in ..weekends at the beach (rollover pass)..malts at the drug store on the cornor across from SPHS..could go on and on..any 1960 grads out there..or anybody