Print Thread
ENGINEERING REPORT ... #1349 06/27/07 04:46 AM
S
Sherry Offline OP
freshman
OP Offline
freshman
S
Beth Gallaspy, reporter who is doing the story for the Beaumont Enterprise, called me for a short phone interview about the results this afternoon. She told me the report, bottom line, concludes that it will cost "significantly" more to restore the school than it would to build it new.
I made MANY points about that finding! So, we'll see how she writes it up. She said her article should be in the paper and online tomorrow. She also said she had the two-page summary of the report that she was going to publish with her article online. Be sure to check the newspaper website. It might be up around midnight -- http://www.beaumontenterprise.com

Sherry

Re: ENGINEERING REPORT ... [Re: Sherry] #1351 06/27/07 06:17 PM
Debra 1986 Offline
I am pulling up the article now. It will be interesting to watch how this 'spins'.

I have followed practically every link from your website in the past few days, and I must say that I am so stunned and disappointed by what is happening...and not just with South Park. For instance, there seems to be some obsession about ridding the district of portable buildings. I find that amusing, since I began kindergarten in a portable building at Curtis Elementary in *1972*!

Beyond that, I find it fairly reprehensible that so many structures have been allowed to wither and crumble.

I think your discussion (on your website) about the decline of the South Park neighborhood is spot on. The destruction of neighborhood schools is perhaps the greatest factor in that decline. I don't think that the bond can repair that, but I am certainly thankful that you are voicing common sense on the matter.

Waiting and watching,
Debra
Class of 1986

A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.
~Henry Ward Beecher
Re: ENGINEERING REPORT ... [Re: Debra 1986] #1352 06/27/07 06:29 PM
M
Miriam Cade 69 Offline
Greenie
Greenie
M
Sherry has done her homework on this subject and she is a faithful GREENIE. After reading paper I still beleive that renovating South Park High School is the best way to go. Sone people don't even know that South Park is a Civil Defense Buiding. South Park has gone through several hurricanes and it is still standing. We will have a meeting in a few days so that we can decide what we should do next.Be sure and check this website everyday so you can attend.Thanks to all GREENIES that are helping.

Miriam Cade Nichol 69

Moderated by  Miriam Cade 69 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 97 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Gene Munson, Carolyn Jolly, Kim Nobles, barbarajean, BonnieS.Jones
905 Registered Users
Latest Posts
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25