Home

Famous GREENIES

Posted By: Miriam Cade 69

Famous GREENIES - 06/15/07 12:19 AM

Nick Lampson,Congress,66,Elaine Pickett,Runner up in Miss Universe Pageant,68, Judy Mallet, Runner up in Miss America Pageant,70's,Jerry Mallet, Principal , BISD Super.,Pro baseball player,50's,John Gray President of Lamar, 40's,Ral Donner, Musician, ?,Susie McAlster, pro golfer, 60's,Ernest Allred, Jr., Started Gerlands Food Store,?,Andrew Rudin, Composer, 60's,Ron Walker ,Jefferson County Judge, 54. There are more . Can you name some more GREENIES? If you can we need them for our BIO in the National Registry.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/15/07 11:41 PM

Mark Chesnutt

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/15/07 11:52 PM

What class was Mark in? Clay Walker, Musician, ?
Posted By: AllenAyres

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/20/07 02:44 PM

Mark was Class of '82 smile

Clay Walker would have been Class of '85 I believe, but went to my church's private school his first couple years of high school (he was QB and my brother Jerry was his wide receiver) and moved to Vidor for his last year or 2 in high school.

Bud Hebert - didn't he play pro football for a while? He graduated in the 70's.

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/24/07 11:42 PM

Bud graduted in 75 he went to Universirty of Oklahoma. Will ask my Sister Terri who he played for. Bob Mc Dill Nashville Grammy Winner
Posted By: Kyle75

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/25/07 02:13 PM

Bud Hebert, New York Giants
Posted By: mary77713

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/27/07 05:17 AM

Susie's last name is spelled McAllister Johnny Fuller played for San Francisco 49ers was coach in Lumberton for a while
Posted By: TxYellowRose

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/28/07 10:53 PM

Clay Walker's mother is one of my best friends, but Clay is a little more stuck up. I guess because he finished school in Vidor, everybody thinks of him as being from Vidor, but I saw him in an interview and he would not admit being from Vidor. He just said he was from a small town near Beaumont.
Posted By: TxYellowRose

Re: Famous GREENIES - 06/28/07 10:59 PM

I just look up the bio for Tex Ritter and found this.....
"Tex lived with his sister while growing up in the Jefferson County town of Nederland. He graduated from South Park High in nearby Beaumont. While attending the University of Texas from 1922 to 1927." So I would guess he graduated in 1921.
Posted By: Jill

Re: Famous GREENIES - 07/25/07 10:41 PM

William (Bill) Hall - music producer, promoter and publisher. He worked for George Jones and Benny Barnes. Hall also had hits with J.P. Richardson's "Chantilly Lace" and Jonny Preston's "Running Bear". The list goes on and on, Tex Ritter, Ronnie Milsap, Willie Nelson, Janie Fricke, Oak Ridge Boys, Statler Brothers. He was know as "Colonel" on Music Row in Nashville.

Bob McDill - Music Writer
"Happy Man" recorded by Perry Como
"Catfish John" recorded by Johnny Russell
Other hits - "Amanda", "Rednecks, White socks and Blue Ribbon Beer", Baby's Got her Blue Jeans On, Song of the South,Louisiana aturday Night, Good ole' Boys like me, She Don't KNow She's Beautiful, Gone Country, Don't Close your Eyes, Everything that Glitters, She Never Knew Me, and many others. He was songwriter of the year several years in a row.

Tex Ritter was already mentioned.

Also John Alexander - Artist

That's about all I know besides some of the ones already mentioned.
Posted By: DaleCurl

Re: Famous GREENIES - 07/26/07 01:17 PM

For a quick overview of what Hall and Mc Dill did you can go to Repertoire.bmi.com ... I knew Johnny Russell and actually thought that Johnny wrote several of these songs ... Dale Curl, Class of 66'
Posted By: RussellThompson

Re: Famous GREENIES - 11/12/07 02:13 AM

Mike Rose,CFO Anadarco Oil (retired)

Re: Famous GREENIES - 11/12/07 01:36 PM

What year?

Re: Famous GREENIES - 11/15/07 02:45 AM

I believe Mike Rose graduated class of '65

Re: Famous GREENIES - 11/15/07 02:46 AM

Miriam, Mike Rose graduated in '65